Pages

Tuesday, 20 October 2015

More Patterns!


It's the last week of Module 1 of the Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design course. I'm continuing to enjoy the course and create something so different from what I normally do.

Splashing about with some flower motifs.
All the great creative exercises are naturally taking time away from illustration. It's quite a challenge to NOT play around with the computer now. It's too much fun! So I will have to put pattern designing aside for a while and focus on sketching for a picture book with good old friends, pencil and paper. But since I'm so happy about this new adventure into surface pattern design, I want to share some of my experiments with you.

My doodles turning into a village of odd looking little huts.


Creating movement while watching Star Wars on tele.


Colour experiments!


2 comments:

  1. omg! these are gorgeous! love your motifs and colour palette your create!! keep going the beautiful work Nadja!! nice to meet you ;) Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alex for your kind words! Nice to meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete